I wanted to talk about disorganized attachment today. This is when the primary caregiver acted as a source of fear and comfort for the child. This sense of fear usually comes from trauma such as abuse, drugs, and honmelessness for example. Adults with this attachment style usually show the following signs
- They usually feel they don’t deserve love
- They have a love/ hate relationship with others.
- They crave intimacy with others, yet since they are insecure with themselves, they often feel unworthy of it.
- They may be extremely hard on themselves.
- They can’t regulate their emotions.
- They have an intense fear of abandonment.
- They also have extreme difficulty with connecting to others.
- They are also prone to depression, borderline personality disorders and other mental health issues.